Monday, September 15, 2008

It's too early for this

Both girls and I have our first colds of the season. All the stupid rain forced us to be inside, and the humidity probably extra-conducted the germs for us.

This is odd to say, but I'd rather the three of us all be sick at the same time. That way, none of us feels like doing much, and it's easier just to hang out and be chill with everyone wanting the same low level of activity.

Last spring, I had a nasty cold that wiped me out. The girls were both fine, and I could hardly even sit up. I watched them play, feeling very bad I wasn't involved beyond commentary, but it was all I could do to stay awake. I vividly remember Jellybean admonishing me, "Don't go to sleep, Mama!" That wasn't my best day as a parent, certainly.

We spent today at home just playing with toys. You would think that isn't different than normal, except that usually, when everyone's healthy, at least one -- if not all -- of us gets antsy and wants a change of scenery. We rarely spend a morning in our playroom and living room exclusively. We at least venture out to the backyard and play on the swing set. And usually, we'll at least meander partly around the block.

I know I'm not feeling up to snuff if just stepping out the back door seems like it takes a lot of energy. I actually laid down on the couch during nap time today! That's unheard of for me; I always have a list a mile long of things to do. Well, the list is still there, it just won't have any check marks today.

No comments: