Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Bright lights at night

The neighbors across the street have been keeping their porch light on all night lately. They don't have any kids, so no one is coming home in the middle of the night. I don't know why it's on.

The reason I'm aware of the light is that our bedroom is right across from their porch. We need the windows open at night to circulate air with our attic fan, so the light spills in on our bed all night. I tried to see yesterday if the light was on all day, like maybe they don't know it's on. But it looked like the light was off in the daytime.

It's a waste of energy, and it's bugging me. I would love to say something, but I'll see how long it keeps going on. It's been about 10 days so far. I hate to tick off a neighbor. I also hate to have light beaming over my bed at 3 a.m.!

What would you do?

No comments: