Saturday, August 23, 2008

Computer woes

The blue screen of death has struck my computer for the last time. R.I.P. my old Dell Computer. He's been replaced by (gasp!) a Mac.

Thankfully, I lost no files or music because we acted quickly, and thankfully a friend salvaged everything off the hard drive before it died.

The best thing to come out of the whole day-long computer drama is my redemption to my husband about the Mac. I was gunning strongly for a Mac when we bought the Dell four years ago. The Macs were much more expensive then, so we went the Dell route. As it turns out, we spent about the same amount of money for repairing the Dell over the four years as we would have spent initially on the Mac (and it probably wouldn't have needed any repair!), not to mention the stress and duress.

Hey, L: I told you so!

There, I feel better.