Monday, August 4, 2008

Blogaphobia

That's my official diagnosis -- made by me, of course. I have been blogging in my head for years (my whole life?), and I established this blog months ago. But I have had a terrible case of blogger's block. Surely there is such a thing as blogger's block. It hasn't really been a block, though. It's much more a fear of blogging, hence Blogaphobia.
Yes, I have been trained, groomed, educated as a writer for more than 15 years, yet putting fingers to keyboard for something as "real" as a blog seemed frightening. What could I possibly have been afraid of? Look at some of my favorite blogs on the right rail, and you'll see what I mean. Many others have come before me and have done a stellar job of blogging about their exploits and deepest thoughts. A bit intimidating.
Like my great fear of popping balloons (yes, you heard it here first), the anticipation is by far the worst of the whole thing.
So, here I am actually blogging. What do I hope to accomplish? I want to share my stories, work out my thoughts and pose questions, both to myself and to my reader(s) -- hopefully there will be more than one!
Most of all, I want to give you a cyberwindow into our family and my life, a little escape from your universe, for a minute or two at a time. I'll introduce us in weeks to come.

No comments: