Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Oh, what a beautiful morning

I was up really late last night, compelled by a very close basketball game. It took me a long time to calm down enough to sleep, so I was up until about 1 a.m.

Jellybean woke up early this morning (of course! Murphy's law of little kids) and came into the room before 7. She climbed into bed with me and said, "Tell me about baby chickens."

Huh?

I was still in a sleepy fog and she was persistent, so I managed to force my mouth form to words about, of all things, baby chickens.

About 25 minutes later, Peanut started chattering in her crib. I opened the door to her room, and without missing a beat, Peanut looked at me and said, "Watch this. Pbbbllllltttttt." She proceeded with some of the gnarliest raspberries I'd ever heard. She must have been working on those all night in her sleep. Quite the accomplishment.

Goes to show, you never know what goes through their little minds.

No comments: