Saturday, February 7, 2009

Misters and Misses

My girls, particularly Jellybean, have become fascinated with the Roger Hargreaves "Mr." and "Little Miss" books. Remember those from your childhood? They've been reissued, probably targeted at people like me who had them as a kid. I kept my old ones, so we have a few that mention non-PC things like cigars (gasp!).

Which got me thinking that it's time for a new group of Misters and Misses. Here are a few contemporary ones I've come up with while reading the old ones to my kids. I would love to write these and have them illustrated -- but then I would get my ass sued off, I'm sure. Wish I was arty, and I would have given you a visual concept of these. Feel free to add your own:

Mr. Postal
Mr. Metrosexual
Mr. Has Been
Mr. Pundit
Mr. Phobia
Mr. Debt
Mr. Chronic (thank you, Michael Phelps, for the inspiration)
Mr. Loser
Mr. Gangsta
Mr. Hipster
Mr. Workaholic
Mr. Playa

Little Miss People Pleaser
Little Miss Granola
Little Miss Famous
Little Miss Blogger
Little Miss Neurosis
Little Miss Manolos
Little Miss Diva
Little Miss Vegan
Little Miss Co-Dependent
Little Miss CEO
Little Miss Slut

2 comments:

Clare said...

Ooh, Ooh, Ooh, Can I be Little Miss Granola?

Antoinette said...

How about Little Miss Celebutante? Or Mr. Truthiness?