Monday, October 6, 2008

Gym time

No, I'm not going to the gym for my own exercise regimen. I'll divulge the secret to my slight weight loss another day.

It was rainy this morning, so I knew I had to find something fun and active for the girls and me. Per the recommendation of a neighbor, we went to a local gymnastics gym playtime. Man, was it fun! The girls were completely exhausted from all the trampolining (or attempted trampolining, in Peanut's case), balancing and swinging -- and I moved quite a bit too, trying to keep track of both of them.

I have wondered since the Olympics how watching gymnastics affected them. Besides learning to "sell" their landings when they fall or jump, I was curious if any of the fanfare and (hopefully) athleticism would stick with them. As it turns out, the fanfare stuck with Jellybean.

On the way to the gym this morning, Jellybean asks me, "Will the audience clap for us at the gym?"

Me: "Um, well, there might not be an audience there today. But I'll clap for you when you do things."

Jellybean: "No, I don't want YOU to clap for me. I want the audience to clap."

Me: "Oh, okay."

No comments: