Thursday, December 18, 2008

On the up and up

I'm happy to report that Peanut is feeling much better. After looking and acting much worse than she had even when I posted previously, I called the doctor's office and took her in. She was diagnosed with a sinus infection and prescribed (gasp!) antibiotics. The medicine must have been exactly what she needed, because after a couple doses, she was back to being herself again, and she continues to improve.

And in case you're wondering how we're doing without Kleenexes, the answer is: surprisingly well. I have been diligent with the handkerchief for the kids, even through this pretty heavy-duty cold. Their noses haven't gotten sore, and they are still more than willing to have me wipe their noses. L and I haven't had a full-blown (pun intended) cold yet, so the jury is still out on our conversion to the hanky cloth.

We finally had Jellybean's much-anticipated preschool Christmas concert. It was fabulous! Despite the fact that it took place close to and overlapping her bedtime, she sang her little heart out for every single song. They were all so cute. The first line of each song was SO LOUD and then it gradually tapered off the further into the song they got. I loved it.

Hopefully we will all stay reasonably healthy and not contract Peanut's ailment, as we are going to fly the friendly skies this weekend to visit our families for almost three weeks. I even found an airport transportation service that has car seats and will take us door to door. It should be lots of fun. Already, L and I are grumbling to each other than next year will be the year we make everyone come to us. You heard it here first.

No comments: