Thursday, December 18, 2008

Loud entertainment


If you don't like someone, you should make sure and buy their kids obnoxiously loud toys, right? At least that's what I used to think was the message with those gifts. But this year, I'm changing my tune (so to speak). The Christmas items I thought would be the most irritating because they play music have actually proven quite the opposite. I am no longer cursing those well-intentioned relatives from previous Christmases.

The musical spinning snowman, dancing mouse and blaring musical cards actually enthrall my children so much that I can get things done around the house. By myself. Without anyone tugging on my pant leg. Or even being in the same room. And the best part is that the noise is the equivalent of GPS: I know exactly where they are in the house.

So, hit those Christmas decoration sales and stock up on a couple noisy decorations for next year. You'll thank yourself come December 2009.

What will I do when we have to put away our Christmas decorations? Back to never getting anything done...

1 comment:

Christy said...

Fortunately there are musical cards for EVERY occasion these days. (Ladybug loves them too...aren't they great?)


We are toting around Elmo Elf now. He sing the 12 Days of Christmas, Elmo-style. Fun times.