Friday, March 13, 2009

Spring wine-ing

When the weather gets warmer, I so enjoy a chilled glass of fabulous white wine. I've listed some of my household favorites before, but these deserve their own category.

If you haven't tried a sauvignon blanc from the Marlborough region of New Zealand, you are seriously missing out. The wines are consistently bright, fruit-forward and delicious. And they are some of the most economical out there, with the highest-priced being around $12/bottle.

These are my favorites, in ranked order:

Kim Crawford Sauvingnon Blanc

Nobilo Sauvingnon Blanc

Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc

Brancott Sauvignon Blanc

As far as I can tell, they are all widely available at wine stores and restaurants. Although I have ranked them, really they are all so yummy. Because they are so flavorful, they are great to pair with food, but they also are drinkable on their own if you just want to kick back with a glass (or two!).

1 comment:

Christy said...

You must choose my wine tonight! ;)