Sunday, April 26, 2009

Talk time

It's been about 5 months since we cut the landline. We couldn't be happier. Not only are we paying less for phone service than we've ever paid, but we also love the portability (and textability) the cell offers.
One of the greatest benefits, however, is one I never could have predicted. Because the cell phone is smaller and less bulky than a landline cordless phone, it's a lot easier for the girls to hold. When we call my parents or L's parents now, the girls will chat with them on the phone forever. They like to look and act like us holding the phone, and the conversations are just priceless. (They also use their play phones to mimic texting like we do, which partly cracks me up and partly disturbs me.)

We used to have to chase them around the house with the cordless phone, pleading them to talk to Grandma or Grandpa. Now this phone -- combined with us cracking down on manners a bit -- makes the whole process effortless and provides entertainment for the grandparents.

2 comments:

Christy said...

We usually use the speaker phone for Ladybug. She still requires occasional translation (mainly for her "play words"), so we like to hear the conversation that's happening.

She "texts" too. It's hilarious!

khuck said...

Todd has been pushing me to cut the cord (literally!), but I just can't do it....1) I have to have a dedicated line at home to be "work at home" eligible and 2) perhaps because i work FOR the PHONE COMPANY I buy into the party line. :) Thank god for employee discounts...I can't get past the whole 911 on a cell phone concept....I know, I know!

I love the way the girls (yours and mine) crick their neck to chat. ha!